1. WAFX’s “Cutest Couple” is an online contest that will occur from 1/23/12 until 2/13/12 at 11:59pm (hereinafter referred to as “contest”) in which one random entrant will be deemed the winner of the contest.
2.Prize: The winner will win: 4 gold circle tickets to a “to be determined” show at nTelos Pavilion in 2012 (Show to be mutually agreed upon by winner and nTelos Pavilion. Redemption based on availability and artist restrictions) (ARV: $250); Overnight Getaway to the Westin Virginia Beach Town Center including breakfast for 2 (value: $283); $75 gift certificate for Bravo in Town Center; $150 gift card to Pro Flowers; $150 gift certificate from Biker’s Depot; $100 Gift Basket from Got It Video. Total prize value: $1008
3. How to Win:
A. Contestant may enter contest online at www.1069thefox.com by filling out a submission form and submitting one photo starting Monday, 1/23/12 through Monday 2/13/12 at 11:59pm.
B. One Entry per person; must be 18 or older.
C. The people in the photograph must be of the person submitting the entry and his/her significant other.
D. Photo submitted must be owned by the person submitting the entry. WAFX may, in its absolute discretion, request proof that the photo is owned by the Contestant submitting it and that the Contestant submitting it has the right to use the photo for all purposes and to authorize WAFX to use the photo. Should the Contestant submitting the photo fail to provide proof of ownership to the satisfaction of WAFX, that Contestant will be disqualified and the photo will be removed from the web site.
E. WAFX has the right to determine, in its absolute discretion, what content is appropriate for the website and to reject and/or delete any material submitted which is determined to be inappropriate.
F. Any photographs submitted to WAFX become the property of WAFX and may be used in the future in any manner WAFX sees fit.
G. 1 winner will be chosen randomly from all entrants on 1069thefox.com on Tuesday, 2/14/12 and announced that day.
These are the rules governing all contests aired on WAFX radio and on the 1069thefox.com website, unless otherwise specified. In the following rules, “WAFX” means Tidewater Communications LLC, which owns WAFX radio:
1. No purchase is necessary to enter any WAFX contest.
2. To be eligible to win any prize on WAFX you must not have won anything on WAFX in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
3. Anytime you call the WAFX studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record it for later broadcast.
4. As a winner of a WAFX contest your voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or internet purposes.
5. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. WAFX reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
6. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the WAFX studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
7. In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), WAFX’s delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as WAFX awarding the prize to the winner. WAFX shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. WAFX shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
8. All WAFX contests are open to all eligible Virginia and North Carolina residents within range of the WAFX air signal 18 or over (unless otherwise specified). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to WAFX that will be presented to WAFX and accepted before the prize is awarded. Employees of WAFX, Tidewater Communications LLC, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the WAFX main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
9. Winners will be expected to claim prize at the WAFX studios, 870 Greenbrier Circle, Suite 399, Chesapeake, VA 23320, between 9:00am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize, which will be specifically stated.
10. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void were prohibited.
11. WAFX reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
12. WAFX, Tidewater Communications LLC, its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. WAFX, Tidewater Communications LLC, its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
13. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, WAFX reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of WAFX management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
14. WAFX reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judge’s decision is always final.
15. For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: (757) 523-1010. The person operating the telephone at WAFX has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
16. WAFX shall have no responsibility for failure to win or claim any prize based on difficulties with telephone, facsimile, email, or internet difficulties, or any circumstances in any contest.
17. The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on 1069thefox.com:
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out correctly and completely or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of WAFX, as defined at the exclusive discretion of WAFX management.
c. Any problems with the internet or email are not WAFX’s responsibility.
d. Contestants who register to participate on our website may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
e. Due to the nature of our programs that are heard on-line over the internet, contests heard on the radio station’s internet audio stream are slightly delayed from the time the contests are heard on the broadcast station, and will be running behind the broadcast signal. Thus, all contests heard are delayed. This delay can last for as much as 30 seconds or more. This means that when WAFX contests are played that require a specific caller to telephone the radio station (such as “Caller number 10 when you hear the sound effect”), listeners to the on-line audio stream may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests on-air.
18. A copy of these rules are available during business hours at the WAFX studios at 870 Greenbrier Circle, Suite 399, Chesapeake, VA 23320.
This contest is officially sponsored by WAFX.
No purchase necessary. One valid entry per contestant.
You must be 18 years of age or older at time of entry to be eligible for this contest. This contest is void where prohibited by law.
Winners will be notified by email or phone. If a winner is unreachable by 2/17/12, or if that winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected. If WAFX cannot find an eligible winner for the prize, that prize will not be awarded.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Automated voting of any kind is not allowed.
Detection of said automated voting will lead to votes being voided.
Only one registered account per voter. If multiple accounts are detected for a single voter, they will be disabled and votes disqualified.
WAFX reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
WAFX reserves the right to restrict the local winners to only persons whose primary residence is within a 60 mile radius of the affiliate's' office.
Employees of WAFX, its respective parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising sponsors and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of each are not eligible.
Contest entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the contest commissioners, which are final on all matters pertaining to the contest.
Entrants further grant to WAFX the right to use and publish their proper name and state online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest.
WAFX reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on contestants obtained through the contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
The Contest and all of the related pages, contents and code are copyright, UPICKEM, and/or WAFX. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
Each winner, by acceptance of the prize, agrees to release all Sponsors, and their parent and subsidiary companies, their officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, and advertising agencies from all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize.
UPICKEM and WAFX are not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God.
All results posted are unofficial until winners respond to e-mail notification.
Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and will be required to complete an IRS form W-9. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until completed form W-9 is received.
This contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that a contestant is using the contest for gambling purposes they will be disqualified and reported to authorities.
WAFX reserves the right to change the rules at any time.
This contest is officially sponsored by WAFX.